MASTER METERED ENERGY WISE REWARDS PROGRAM RULES AND CUSTOMER AGREEMENT
- Open to residential customers of master meter properties.
- Resident must reside in a domicile that has a central air conditioner or heat pump.
- Resident must have control of domicile’s thermostat.
- Property Manager will pass along rewards for participation in the program, which will be applied to the Pepco master meter account (MMA) as a lump sum bill credit after the cooling season. The Property Manager will pay each participant by December 31 of each year.
- Monthly credits:
- Applied for June, July, August, September, and October participation (annual amount split into 5 monthly credits). Note: Credits are applied to the Property Manager’s MMA during the billing month, not necessarily the calendar month.
- Credit will only be applied if the device is marked as participating on the last day of the bill period.
- Resident will receive full credit for the first month of participation in the program (if first month is one of the months designated above).
- If Resident elects to be removed from the program, Resident will not receive program rewards for the month they withdraw.
- Bill credit will be applied based on the participation level on the last day of that billing month.
- The Maryland Public Service Commission requires MMA Property Managers to pass along 100% of the earned incentives to all participating Residents. Examples:
PARTICIPATION LEVEL INSTALLATION CREDIT* ANNUAL REWARD CREDIT* 50% $15 $3/MONTH 75% $22 $4.40/MONTH 100% $30 $6/MONTH
*Credits subject to change in future years
Change Participation Level:
- Resident may change participation level twice in the first year, and once each subsequent year.
- If Resident elects to be removed from the program, the device will be disabled in the operational and billing systems effective immediately. Note: Device will not be physically removed.
- Conservation periods will generally occur during the months of June through October on Peak Savings Days.
- Conservation periods will most likely last 3–6 hours.
- If an emergency event is called by PJM** (Priority Peak Day) for reliability reasons, it will last until the situation is resolved, which may be more hours than other events.
- There is no limit on the number of Peak Savings Days to be called each year, but expectations are most years will result in 5 or less events.
- Resident may override 2 events a year; however, Resident may not override a Priority Peak Day (PJM-required event).
**PJM is the organization that manages the generation and transmission of electricity for all residents of the Middle Atlantic Region and portions of the Midwest. PJM determines when operating conditions are approaching the limits of the system and what actions are to be taken to avoid blackouts or other system emergencies potentially affecting large areas, and PJM schedules all power plant and load management operations through an auction mechanism to obtain lowest reasonable cost of electricity for supply to electric utility customers in the region. Individual customers may also contract with independent generating companies for a portion of their electric supply, such as for renewable energy, but delivery of this energy across the regional grid is coordinated through the PJM operations control center to maintain system stability for all areas within our region.
ENERGY WISE REWARDS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT
- BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENROLLMENT CARD, AND/OR BY PARTICIPATING IN THE MASTER METER ACCOUNT PROGRAM, YOU (“MMA RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER”) AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE PROGRAM OFFICE AT 1-866-353-5798 TO REQUEST THAT YOUR NAME BE REMOVED FROM THE ENERGY WISE REWARDS PROGRAM (THE “PROGRAM”) AND YOUR DEVICE WILL NO LONGER BE CYCLED (NON-PARTICIPATING).
- Pepco or its contractor will install a programmable thermostat inside MMA Residential Customer’s home, or a communication device outside MMA Residential Customer’s home adjacent to Property Manager’s central air conditioner unit (both referred to herein as the “Equipment”). While it is not necessary for MMA Residential Customer to be home during installation of the outside device, should MMA Residential Customer desire to do so, MMA Residential Customer may arrange with Property Manager a date for indoor installation that accommodates other MMA Residential Customers who may also desire to be home for indoor installation of the Equipment. If MMA Residential Customer is at home, MMA Residential Customer may advise the installer as to where the device is to be placed. Installer will accommodate MMA Residential Customer’s request so long as the desired location will provide required [system] functionality. MMA Residential Customer agrees that, if the programmable thermostat is to be installed inside MMA Residential Customer’s home, MMA Residential Customer will need to make accommodations with Property Manager and have a responsible adult at home for the installation. Pepco or its contractor will be responsible for disposing of the old thermostat(s), if necessary. MMA Residential Customer agrees to provide Pepco or its contractor with access, at reasonable times, to MMA Residential Customer’s premises to install, inspect, maintain, and/or repair the Equipment.
- MMA Residential Customer understands that the Equipment will permit Pepco to cycle off the compressor on Property Manager’s central air conditioner unit during times of high overall electricity demand, in accordance with the “Cycling Option” selected by MMA Residential Customer, as detailed below:
|PARTICIPATION LEVEL||ANNUAL REWARD*||MONTHLY REWARD*|
*Credits subject to change in future years
- The incentives MMA Residential Customer will receive in consideration for participation are as detailed above. The Maryland Public Service Commission requires MMA Property Managers to pass along 100% of the incentives to all participating MMA Residential Customers. Pepco may, from time to time, modify the incentive structure. The Equipment shall remain the property of Pepco. None of the Equipment shall become a fixture. MMA Residential Customer agrees to notify the Program Office at 1-866-353-5798 if MMA Residential Customer disconnects or removes the Equipment. This Agreement and the Equipment supplied by Pepco are not assignable or otherwise transferable by MMA Residential Customer.
- MMA Residential Customer shall have the right at any time to terminate the service by notifying the Program Office at 1-866-353-5798. If MMA Residential Customer terminates the service, MMA Residential Customer will not receive the monthly credit for the billing cycle (i.e., the monthly billing period) in which MMA Residential Customer requests to cancel.
- Pepco will not be liable to Property Manager, MMA Residential Customer, or to any third party for any loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, or personal injuries (including death), including, without limitation, any damage resulting from or arising out of MMA Residential Customer’s participation in this Program.
- MMA Residential Customer understands that Pepco assumes no responsibility for the condition or repair of Property Manager’s central air conditioner or other equipment. MMA Residential Customer understands that Property Manager alone is responsible for the repair and maintenance of Property Manager’s equipment.
- THE PROGRAM AND EQUIPMENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. MMA RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PEPCO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAM, WHICH ARE BOTH PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED BY PEPCO TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- MMA Residential Customer agrees to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify Pepco and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to Property Manager’s or MMA Residential Customer’s improper use of the Equipment or Program, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such case, Pepco will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit, or action.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between MMA Residential Customer and Pepco. No undertaking, representation, or warranty made by any agent or representative of Pepco in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance, or removal of Pepco’s services or Equipment shall be binding on Pepco except as expressly included herein.
- MMA Residential Customer understands that Pepco reserves the right to modify the terms of the Energy Wise Rewards Program. Customer will receive notice of any such Program modification. MMA Residential Customer’s continued participation in the Program following notice of such change shall be considered acceptance of such modification.
- Pepco may assign or delegate any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third-party organizations. MMA Residential Customer’s rights may not be assigned or transferred without Pepco’s written consent.
- The above provisions regarding events beyond Pepco’s control, warranties, disclaimers or warranty and liability, and termination will survive the termination of this Agreement. Failure to insist on strict performance of the terms will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. If any part of the above is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed ineffective and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in effect. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between MMA Residential Customer and Pepco as a result of this Agreement.